TISSNET and XAT are entrance exams, particularly for master’s degrees. The selection procedure of XAT exam will be conducted by XLRI, Jamshedpur, by releasing the shortlist of group discussions and personal interviews for Business Management and Human Resource Management. Prospects will be able to see the list by using their login ids and passwords on the XAT official website, i.e. xatonline.in.
TISSNET is a national-level exam that is controlled by the Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) for entrance into more than 50 master’s degree programmes. It is for candidates who wish to get admission to courses like MA, MHA, M.P.H, M.Sc, etc., from Mumbai, Guwahati, Hyderabad and Tuljapur for the 2022-24 batch.
Selection Process for XAT and TISSNET
The selection process for both XAT and TISSNET have been explained below.
TISSNET Selection Process
Here is the selection process for the TISSNET 2022 exam.
- The first thing is the entrance exam that the candidates need to appear for.
- Once you clear the entrance exam, you will have to appear for the online personal interview, which is conducted by a panel of experts.
TISSNET, basically, has two stages for the MBA selection procedure:
First stage – Entrance test
Second stage – Online Assessment that comprises extempore and online personal interview
- Extempore Speech – Here, the experts will request you to demonstrate and explain any topic associated with the programme of study for around 2 to 3 minutes. You will be given a topic at the start of the session; if you are not comfortable with it, you can ask them to change it. But, you do not have the option to ask for the third topic.
- Personal Interview – The interview is conducted to understand candidates’ interests, motivations, knowledge, and attitudes. They also analyse a prospect’s knowledge of economic and social factors.
Once you clear these rounds, you get selected after an analysis of the score and your performance in the PI.
XAT Selection Process
Here is the selection process for XAT 2022; the cut-offs have been released recently by XLRI. If you also want to appear for the XAT exam, you need to understand its selection process step by step.
- The shortlisting is initially done on the basis of the cut-off list. If you clear the XAT cut-off list, you will be selected for the next rounds. If you get shortlisted, you will have to fill in the application form and book the slot for the PI round.
- Now, the second step involves the group discussion (GD) round; students are divided into groups of 8-10 and will be given a topic for discussion. The teachers evaluate candidates based on their attitude, communication skills, viewpoint, decision-making and leadership skills.
- Earlier, the PI round was done offline, but because of the pandemic, it is now conducted online. The interview is taken by a panel of experts and internal selection committee members. The major motive behind conducting PI is to analyse personality, problem-solving skills, confidence and knowledge.
- Now, the selection is made after analysing GD-PI scores, past academic records, essay and GK sectional scores and XAT 2022 written test.
So, as per your performance, you will be given the list of the colleges you can apply to.
These are the best entrance exams you can take to get admission to some of the best colleges. But, what about the preparations? Don’t worry, register with BYJU’S Exam Prep as they have high-quality study material that will help you prepare better for the examinations and avoid any last-minute trouble. Good luck!
Learn here how XAT Exam tougher